NORTH WALES CRUSADERS were left frustrated as they fell to a 50-6 defeat at the hands of play-off chasing Oldham at the Vestacare Stadium.

Despite last week’s emphatic victory away to Newcastle Thunder, Anthony Murray’s side failed to secure back-to-back victories as a poor start to the game proved to be the sign of things to come during a difficult afternoon.

Crusaders found themselves starved of possession in good areas whilst a clinical Oldham side punished the Wrexham-based side for their errors.

Oldham came close to opening the scoring after just six minutes as continued pressure on the Crusaders defence paid off as Danny Langtree weaved his way through to score.

Minutes later Langtree crossed for his and Oldham’s second of the afternoon. On the back of Crusaders conceding a penalty, Oldham made good use of their position as a quick play of the ball sent Langtree over the whitewash.

With fifteen minutes on the clock Langtree grabbed his hat-trick as he intercepted a Crusaders pass before outpacing the defence to score beneath the posts.

As they looked to claw back an 18 point deficit, Murray’s side started to apply pressure on the Oldham defence which eventually paid off when Joe Lyons found a gap before passing to Jack Houghton who was in support to finish the move.

The Crusaders looked to build on their response but were met with a strong Oldham defence and lacked options in the final third leading to the hosts crossing for their fourth try before half-time to extend their lead to 24-6 at the break.

Things didn’t get any easier in the second-half as Oldham extended their lead with just two minutes gone before Langtree scored his fourth of the game minutes later to take the score to 34-6.

With the game slipping away from the Welsh side Oldham added another as Joe Cunningham caught the Crusaders defence off guard and crashed over from close range.

Oldham continued to dominate the game and punished another Crusaders error as they failed to deal with a high-kick which was eventually gathered by Matt Reid who ran through to score.

As the game entered the final ten minutes the hosts capped off a clinical showing with another try as Phil Joy barged his way over the line to take the final score to 50-6.